- Leah is starting to learn sign language! She can sign potty, more, shoes, and food among others. We tried teaching her signs when she was 8 or 9 months old, but she wasn’t interested. Now she is!
- Leah has four new molars! They came in all at once (a source of lots of tears). She now has 12 teeth, including four incisors (middle teeth) on the top and bottom. Her cuspids have not come in yet, which looks kind of funny to me. (Learn all about teeth here)
- Leah can give “fives” on command and recently learned how to give hugs!
- Leah noticed when we put up decorations in our new home after having bare walls for the first few weeks, and pointed at them as if to say “Look Mom, stuff on the walls that didn’t used to be there”
- We think Leah will be talking soon. She jabbers all the time and Chris got her to say “lights” while pointing at the fixtures overhead. Several months ago, she surprised me by saying her very first word, "Baby," while looking at her reflection in the mirror (how vain!) but Chris wasn't around when she did it so he doesn't believe me.
- Leah loves to tote around a stuffed animal. Her favorite is a kangaroo called "Ophie" from Grandma Helen. When we gave Leah the middle name Helen, Grandma asked why none of her grandchildren were using her grandmother's name, which was Theophila--Ophie for short. So we gave the kangaroo the honorary name of Ophie.
- Leah still takes two naps a day and sometimes sleeps until 9am! What a mircale child!
Sorry I haven't put up any new pictures in a while, I just can't find the cord that connects my camera to my computer!